- august 2015 ~ after a very exciting 2014-2015 season, it's nice to see our photo at the top of mark swed's la times review, "wasteLAnd and rest of new music scene in L.A. is thriving with a lowercase T"
- november 2014 ~ we're now on soundcloud!
- october 2014 ~ another nice write-up from paul muller on sequenza21.com about our recent performance at boston court.
- new events posted for 2014-2015 including performances with boston court performing arts space and people inside electronics!
- 29 april 2014 ~ our debut album, [exhibit a], is now out on populist records! brilliantly recorded, mixed, and mastered by the inimitable nick tipp | digital download bandcamp | CD order populist records
- november 2013 ~ gnarwhallaby proclaimed "startlingly versatile" by the new york times!
- 3 november 2013 ~ the album was successfully funded on kickstarter! thank you everyone who contributed! we're really looking forward to the finished product. last week we tracked all the pieces and are diving into editing. we'll start the mixing with the great nick tipp in december and plan to release on populist records in january/february!
- october 2013 ~ gnarwhallaby is recording their debut album in october!
to read more about the project, please visit our kickstarter page
(there's a video featuring our dogs and loud music in bathrooms)
- september 2013 ~ another new piece for gnarwhallaby!
quartet, "lion and wolf", commissioned by wild up for WORK (more info)
- august 2013 ~ gnarwhallaby is playing carnegie hall!
ensemble-composer teams to work with david lang and i.c.e. at the
carnegie hall professional training workshop in november 2013
gnarwhallaby will give the world premiere of deyoe's "lullaby 4"
commissioned by carnegie hall for gnarwhallaby